The highest part of Slovakia, the High Tatras region offers various possibilities for active relaxation in the scenic countryside with easy or challenging hiking tracks.
- More than 600km of marked trails in the territory of the Tatra National Park
- Trails leading through valleys enable tourists to climb to Tatra chalets, difficult or easily accessible Tatra peaks or pass various Tatra saddles.
- Mountain guides – local experts who guide tourists to unknown or dangerous terrain. Some of the routes are not available without the mountain guide ( for example – the highest Slovak peak – Gerlachovský štít, 2.654,4 m a.s.)
- For families with children – easy walks, combination with cableways – Tatranská Lomnica, Štrbské Pleso
- Alpine hiking, Nordic walking